Since 2007, we have led the way in showcasing the diversity of Western Sydney through music projects and events. From creating the Sydney Sacred Music Festival to the new CD for the Shohrat Tursun Trio.
Vision, Inclusion and Respect
What do we actually do?
Produce and compose music;
Create ensembles to support artists hidden from the mainstream;
Produce Festivals and Events - Sydney Sacred Music Festival and Grass Roots World Music Festival;
and now distribute new music via our Record Label
To create new, exciting and engaging music and events that showcase the diversity of Australia to the world
Who are we?
Richard Petkovic - Artistic Director
Richard is a music producer, song writer, facilitator and events producer. His work focuses on engaging, writing and recording with diverse communities to create new music and cultural events of significance. Richard has studied contemporary music practices and explored music making with world and sacred music practitioners.
He has recently:
- Initiated and produced the Sydney Sacred Music Festival to celebrate diverse devotional music, art and ceremony;
- Initiated and the Festival/Music Director for the ‘Grass Roots World Music Festival 2012,13,14’ (Syd West Multicultural Services, Blacktown Arts Centre);
- Initiated, Music Director and co-composer – Sydney World Music Chamber Orchestra - their new Sacred Symphony, the Three Sides of Love and Death
- Established the ‘Fairfield Multicultural Choir’ and for two years was their Choir Leader (Fairfield MRC)
Richard has recently been contracted to:
- Musica Viva - re-imagining their regional touring program
- Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority -working with several community festivals to improve their artistic direction
His Producing and composing credits include:
- Blue Mary 'Common Ground' CD
- Sydney World Music Chamber Orchestra CD
- Shohrat Tursun Trio 'Life In Three' CD
- Wisdom of a Seniors Moment’ CD- Joan Sutherland Perf Arts Centre, 2011
- Camden Harmony Day Schools Choir Spectacular CD – 2011
- Western Line -African Music CD
- Rise to Glory Compilation CD hip hop compilation
- Composed electronic music and sound for two short films on Parramatta by Marian Abboud
- Journey World Music Compilation CD
- Walk in My Shoes CD
- Creative Conversations CD -
Maria Mitar - Music and Label Manager
Maria has spent the last 15 years working in various cultural institutions as a performance curator and project manager. Aside from her own music career, she has helped many artists by facilitating a vision for their future.
Our Graphic Designer
- Michelle Ordev firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Visual Artist
- Ghasan Saaid www.ghasansaaid.com
- Stephen Mifsud and Gerrie Mifsud gerrie.com.au
- Reilly Baker email@example.com
AND a host of musicians from diverse cultural backgrounds who we create and collaborate with